Thanks for stopping by on this wonderful Thanksgiving day! This is my last post as guest designer for Dreamweaver Stencils this month. I enjoyed my stint this month and had so much fun playing with Dreamweaver Stencils.
Howdy! Welcome and Happy Thanksgiving. Have a piece of pumpkin pie for me – lots of whip cream!
This is my last post as Guest Designer for Dreamweaver Stencils and I’m almost embarrassed to tell you how easy this project was. But, like many of you this time of year I have more to do and not enough hours in the day so a quick and easy project is just perfect!
This is a cute little holiday decoration and I just am very pleased with the final results.
This frame comes with two acrylic sheets that I slid out and peeled the protective layers off before taping the stencil to the acrylic sheet. I taped it so it doesn’t slide on me when I spread the embossing paste.
I spread the paste across the stencil to fill in all the tiny details of the stencil then carefully peel the tape away and lift the stencil leaving an embossed pattern on the acrylic sheets; repeat on the second acrylic sheet.
While the paste is still wet I sprinkled with a clear transparent finely ground glitter. I left it sit for an hour or so with the glitter on so the paste would set up and dry.
When the paste is dry I tapped the access glitter onto a sheet of office paper and slid back into the glitter container. Then I cut two 4X6 -inch sheets of the paper and slid the paper and the two embossed acrylic sheets into the frame – that’s it! They’re double-sided so what a great little table decoration or a piece to sit on a shelf for the holiday.
Like I said, a bit embarrassed at how quick and easy this was. It took me longer to write this post than to make this!
Make sure to visit these designers for even more great projects and tips! Now go create!Linda Neff (Guest Designer – that’s me!)
I’ve been experimenting with Dreamweaver Stencils and Beacon Adhesives while upcycling some pieces for our shop – Green Door Studio. I found this old drawer at an estate sale for just a few dollars. I thought it would make a cute display holder or a shelf.
After I gave it a good scrub-down and removed the handle I painted with a coat of cream paint just to give me a clean base to work with. I filled the old handle hole with wood filler and left it all to dry for an hour or so.